Youth & Faith groups
Based in the lovely Chilterns Village, Chalfont St Giles, Shortenills provides a quiet and gentle setting of parkland, mature woods and ponds. Facilities include two large dormitories, a yurt, large dining hall and two classrooms. For youth groups this is a unique space that you can hire for retreats, conferences, and other get-togethers – making it your own for a weekend – a week – or longer.
Simple but well equipped, our accommodation provides all you need for a safe, enjoyable and comfortable stay. The set-up of two single sexed dormitories allows for an effective way to manage and supervise your groups overnight.
• Capacity for 62 pupils indoors comprising of:
• Two single sexed dormitories with adjacent refurbished shower rooms and toilet
• Each dormitory has two staff bedrooms (1 single and 1 twin) with adjacent shower room and toilet.
• A large dining room which doubles as an evening recreation area.
• Staff room with WiFi internet access
• Two classrooms packed full of interesting artefacts to explore
• A heated yurt in the grounds
• Meadows for up to 80 people to camp
We also have a large kitchen, and you have the option to either go fully-catered or to book the kitchen for your own use.
There is a fire pit for campfires, with lovely log seats so that you can sit around in the evening and enjoy our beautiful woods. There are also several lovely walking or hiking routes that go directly past or even from our grounds, making Shortenills the perfect base for a weekend spent completely in nature. Our secluded location makes for a very safe, private environment.
With so many options on offer we appreciate that booking a trip can be a daunting task so please feel free to contact us so that can help in any way possible. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 033 0303 0101 to get in touch with a member of our bookings team.