Camping at Shortenills
Based in the lovely Chilterns Village, Chalfont St Giles, Shortenills provides a quiet and gentle setting of parkland, mature woods and ponds. Facilities include two large dormitories, a yurt, large dining hall, two classrooms, and enough woodland for up to 80 people to camp.
Shortenills is truly perfect for Duke of Edinburgh groups who are just getting started on their DofE journey or are looking for a very private camping experience. We offer a very safe environment with everything you need for a wonderful camping excursion – from our beautiful meadows to a large self catering kitchen, Shortenills is also lucky enough to have a huge variety of trails leading directly out of the grounds – perfect for a weekend of exploration!
Simple but well equipped, our accommodation provides all you need for a safe, enjoyable and comfortable stay. The set-up of two single sexed dormitories allows for an effective way to manage and supervise your groups overnight.
• Capacity for 62 people indoors comprising of:
• Two single sexed dormitories with adjacent refurbished shower rooms and toilet
• Each dormitory has two staff bedrooms (1 single and 1 twin) with adjacent shower room and toilet.
• A large dining room which doubles as an evening recreation area.
• Staff room with WiFi internet access
• Two classrooms packed full of interesting artefacts to explore
• A heated yurt in the grounds
• Meadows for up to 80 people to camp
We also have a large kitchen, and you have the option to either go fully-catered or to book the kitchen for your own use. There is a fire pit for campfires, with lovely log seats so that you can sit around in the evening and enjoy our beautiful woods. Our secluded location makes for a very safe, private environment.